Growing Together Northampton is a community-based organisation working in east Northampton. We want our estates to be great places in which to live and grow up, where residents care for each other, the community and their environment. We believe that communities work best when residents are empowered and work together.
We develop opportunities and operate services that meet identified needs and bring our diverse communities together. We aim to have a positive impact on local quality of life, to raise aspiration and build the capacity for change within communities. We encourage and support local residents and partner organisations to protect and enhance the local environment.
We use our experience and knowledge to talk to and to influence service deliverers and policy makers in ways that will benefit the community, and to support and empower other residents to do so themselves.
What does Growing Together Northampton do?
- Blackthorn Good Neighbours Nursery – see separate tab for details of our OFSTED rated Outstanding nursery which opened in 2015.
Big Local Lottery £1million- local people making decisions on how to spend £1m given to the area by the National Lottery. We have spent over two thirds of it on play areas for each estate, gym equipment, youth projects, groups for older people and much more. See the tab to find out more
- Blackthorn Community Centre – used in the week by Northamptonshire County Council to run its 0 – 19 service. In the evenings and weekends it is used by local groups and individuals - contact us to find out more
- Brookside Hub – funded by the Lottery £1m this is a new centre for local people to meet and set up groups and activities which interest them – see its own tab
- Community groups – held in Blackthorn and Brookside we try to set up groups which local people can run to help people meet each other and share interests.
- Playscheme for children aged 4 – 10
Growing Together Northampton strives at all times:
- to engage the local community as fully as possible
- to be sensitive to the needs of local people
- to treat everyone respectfully
- to be open and fair in all dealings
- to display a flexible and positive attitude to making things happen
We value diversity and promote equality and inclusion.