Growing Together Northampton is a community-based organisation working in east Northampton. We want our estates to be great places in which to live and grow up, where residents care for each other, the community and their environment. We believe that communities work best when residents are empowered and work together.
We develop opportunities and operate services that meet identified needs and bring our diverse communities together. We aim to have a positive impact on local quality of life, to raise aspiration and build the capacity for change within communities. We encourage and support local residents and partner organisations to protect and enhance the local environment.
We use our experience and knowledge to talk to and to influence service deliverers and policy makers in ways that will benefit the community, and to support and empower other residents to do so themselves.
What does Growing Together Northampton do?
• Blackthorn Good Neighbours Nursery – see separate tab for details of our OFSTED rated Outstanding nursery which opened in 2015.
• Growing Together Neighbourhood Plan – download a copy of the plan here.
• Blackthorn Community Centre – used in the week by Northamptonshire Children’s Trust to run its 0 – 19 service. In the evenings and weekends, it is used by local groups and individuals – contact us to find out more
• Community groups – held in Blackthorn, Goldings and Thorplands, we try to set up groups which local people can help to run, to help people meet each other and share interests.
• School holiday activities – we run various activites during the school holiday’s and FISH (Food and Fun in School Holiday’s) runs on a Tuesday during school holiday’s. Check our Facebook page or ring us on 01604 411166 to find out more.
Growing Together Northampton strives at all times:
• to engage the local community as fully as possible
• to be sensitive to the needs of local people
• to treat everyone respectfully
• to be open and fair in all dealings
• to display a flexible and positive attitude to making things happen
We value diversity and promote equality and inclusion.